This bowl is packed with goodness & is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! For starters, it's full of greens - which everyone knows you need to eat daily. Secondly, its packed with protein, and lastly, has a variety of healthy fats throughout it. These three essential macronutrients (carbs, fat, protein) should be in every meal you eat as they are what fuel your body! This bowl is nutritionally complete, very filling & super satisfying.
Main ingredients in this meal - Kale (said to be one of the most nutritious plant foods in existence), Broccoli (in the same family as kale and very similar), eggs (holds almost every vitamin and mineral your body needs), avocado (contains heaps of vitamins and minerals including a high amount of potassium - which many people lack).
As I mentioned earlier, this meal holds the three macronutrients that you should be eating at every meal - carbohydrates, fats and protein. When I say carbohydrates, I don't mean bread or pasta (which are refined carbs), I mean whole carbs like fruit, vegetables, potatoes, legumes and grains. The carbohydrates in this meal are predominately the kale, spinach, broccoli and avocado. This meal also contains a few healthy fats which keep you fuller for longer (which is known to aid weight loss). Lastly, the main source of protein in this meal is the egg, which is one of the most important things to include in your meals. This is because protein aids your body in repairing and making new cells. This means its essential for healthy muscles, hair, bones, nails, blood, etc.
- 2 cups kale
- Handful broccoli
- Handful spinach
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Chilli powder or Paprika (or both!)
- In a saucepan, bring some water to boil. Once boiling, add in your egg/eggs and boil for 6-8 mins.
- In another saucepan with boiling water, lightly boil your broccoli for about 1-2 mins.
- While your egg is boiling, wash your kale and spinach separately.
- In a small bowl, stir together the apple cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil until smooth and creamy. Place this dressing onto of the kale and manage it together for a minute or so. *Massaging the kale helps break it down to make it much nicer and easier to eat.
- Add the broccoli and spinach to the kale mix and toss lightly.
- Place the kale mix in your bowl, and top with avocado and egg.
- Sprinkle on some sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chilli powder for added crunch and flavour. VOILA - A nutritionally dense meal that's perfect for any time of the day!