These cookies are full of healthy ingredients and will satiate any sweet cravings you may have. They are full of healthy fats such as coconut and almond butter, meaning you will be satisfied after just 1 or 2. Healthy, quick, easy, and delicious - try them out for yourself!
Makes approx. 20 cookies
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 45g dark chocolate (preferably sugar free - chopped into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, measure and mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a small saucepan or using a double boiler melt together the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Add the melted mixture to the dry mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Lastly, combine the dark chocolate pieces and stir until everything has come together.
- Take a tablespoon of batter and roll it between you hands, then place on your baking sheet. Repeat this until no more batter.
- Flatten each cookie with your fingers to about 0.5 - 1 cm thick.
- Place both trays in the oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Once baked, take out and place on a cooling rack!