This porridge recipe is perfect for those cold winter mornings. I've taken your normal porridge and infused some tea to give it more depth and flavour. I topped mine with fresh figs and honey to add a little freshness and used a tea from Edible Beauty called 'sleeping beauty'. Edible beauty sell a range of wildcrafted exotic teas so if you're looking to get your hands on some, check them out here!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 2 tsp 'Sleeping Beauty' tea
- Honey and fruit to top
- Steep your tea (in a tea bag or holder - not loose) in 1 cup of boiling water and set aside for 5 mins.
- In a medium pot, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of oats. Bring to a light simmer and stir continuously until nearly all the liquid has absorbed.
- Add in your milk and continuously stir for about 2 mins.
- Slowly add in your tea infused water, turn the heat to low and put a lid on top.
- Bring to a light simmer and stir now and then.
- Once the porridge is a consistency that you like OR the oats have absorbed most of the liquid, take it off the heat. (Approx 5-10 mins)
- Place porridge between 2 bowls, top with fruit, honey, milk and you're ready to serve!