These are a special type of pancakes - made with an alkalising green powder 'the super elixir', which is a daily multivitamin made from 45 whole food ingredients. One of the prominent ingredients in this powder is actually pineapple which gives these pancakes a tropical flavour.
'The Super Elixir Alkalising Formula is an all-natural daily multivitamin with added minerals, digestive enzymes and trace elements to assist wellness and vitality. Carefully combined in calculated ratios, this product is designed to keep your body within a desired alkaline range. The Super Elixir is made from 45 whole food ingredients, treated gently so the nutrients remain intact and are easily absorbed by the body.' - WelleCo
You can take an alkaline quiz through the WelleCo website to find out how alkaline you are! Try it out here.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp Super Elixir (green alkalising powder)
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add in milk and egg and whisk until smooth
- Mash your banana separately and then add it into your mixture.
- In a large pan, melt half the coconut oil and add on as many pancakes as you can fit.
- Flip them once they start to bubble and then cook for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat this until all pancakes are cooked.
- Top with whatever you like (I topped mine with coconut, banana and honey.
Get your hands on The Super Elixir HERE and try these pancakes for your next breakfast!