12 round rice paper sheets
200g firm tofu, sliced in strips
2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
a3 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 handfuls of purple cabbage, shredded into thin strips
1 handful pea sprouts
1 avocado, sliced
1 handful freshly chopped mint
3-4 small radish sliced into thin strips
1/2 spanish onion, sliced into thin strips
1. Prepare all the above ingredients and put aside. Take a large dish (large enough to fit the rice paper sheets) and fill it with warm water. Submerge one rice paper sheet into the dish of water, removing when the sheet becomes silky and is soft. Place the sheet flat on a clean wooden board.
2. Start by placing all of the sliced vegetables along the centre of the rice sheet, then tofu, then mint. Make sure you are only filling 1/3 of the rice sheet, leaving 1/3 of space left on either side of your assorted veggies as well as a few centimetres of space at the top and bottom.
3. Fold the top and bottoms ends inwards. Then take one side and fold over the vegetables and continue by rolling firmly until it takes the form of a roll and the filling is enclosed.
4. Repeat this process with the remaining rice paper sheets and vegetables.
1 Garlic clove
2 tsp tahini paste
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp hoisin sauce
1/2 lime juice extracted
2 tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp water
1/2 red chilli
White sesame seeds (optional)
1. Put all the above ingredients into a blender (preferably high speed) and blend until everything comes smoothly together.
2. Transfer to small dipping bowl and serve alond side the rice paper rolls.
* For dual coloured dipping sauce (like one in images), add a few slices of beetroot to 1/2 of the dipping sauce mixture and blend again in the same belnder until smooth. This also makes for a sweeter dipping sauce.